Costs per student per year = approx. €5.000
University or college registration costs
Laptop per student for online courses and writing papers
Deposit and furnishing an apartment
Taking over the tuition fees
Rent for the apartment or a hostel
WIFI and mobile phone costs
Cost of living (electricity, water, transport in Windhoek)
Hygiene products and clothing
Travel expenses to your home town during the semester break
* The average costs per year for an apprenticeship or course of study lasting between two and four years are around €5.000. This is significantly higher than the specified annual amount of €1092 (€91 / month). And yet this donation makes a significant contribution to the financing pool of the steps students.
Give our Guardian Angel students this unique opportunity and support education sustainably!
Study the first guardian angel children from steps for children!
Children from the townships who otherwise would never have received a higher education are now students! Thanks to the continuous support and support you can The first Guardian Angel children from Okakarara in 2021 start studying at a university in Windhoek.
Clenda and Johanna started in preschool at steps for children in Okakarara in 2008 and are now enrolled in a Namibian university in Windhoek in 2021 Although this is only a three-hour drive away, it is a very big change for the two of them. Here they will spend the next years of their lives learn and develop to to be able to lead a self-determined life in the future. An opportunity made possible by the long-term support of steps for children.
Effective - because we keep in close contact and support.
- will continue to be supported by steps cared for
- geben regular updates about their study experience
- have a Contact person on site in Windhoek by our National Coordinator
- have Contact persons in the steps projects, in which the guardian angel or steps homes child were cared for
- will be during their semester break in the steps projects help, in which they themselves have received funding once
- give their knowledge and your Support as former guardian angel or steps homes children to guardian angel or steps homes children of future generations and are "role models"
THE BASIS OF SUCCESS
Our guardian angel program
With our Guardian Angel Program we currently support over 140 children in our projects. The program is already well established at the Okakarara, Gobabis, Otavi and Rehoboth locations.
- Children will be accepted who consistently good performance even in preschool
- The school career is supported by steps with permanent contact persons accompanied in the projects
- Private tutoring and support in the afternoon in the projects
- daily warm meals
- Acquisition of necessary Hygiene articles, school supplies and school clothes
- Doctor appointments are accompanied by the steps employees if necessary
Our steps homes program
Our steps homes Families are taken in orphans from the slums and receive caring care in the new family network. We secure them primary care of children and families and support them through regular visits by a social worker. In the steps projects, the children are admitted to the preschool and are included in the afternoons Educational and Learning opportunities such as tutoring in math and English are promoted.
steps students - promote sustainably
"I am very grateful for having steps by my side. I really appreciate the support and all the efforts they made for me ever since I started school. Steps played a very important role in my life for being a substitute to my parents, without steps I don't think I could have made it this far. Since I have steps by my side, I'll never waste this opportunity as there are many people out there crying out for what I have. I'll always strive to achieve my goals and be the best of what I can be!"
* You support one of our students in the steps student program, but not a special student. This prevents financial shortfalls by other sponsors and also protects the students' privacy.
News from our guardian angel children and steps students
On his project trip in June 2021, Michael Hoppe met two of our guardian angel children who go to school in the next largest city, Otjiwarongo, and who manage everyday school life here together. The two guardian angel girls leave
Guardian Angel children fledge Ndapeua, Clenda and Johanna go to Windhoek. Our Schutzenglekinder are fledging and are now going to Windhoek. Ndapeua and Clenda already passed their matriculation in the 2019th year of school in 12, but they were
Find out more about current developments in the projects and the work of the steps for children foundation in Germany and sign up for our newsletter:
After you have entered your email address and clicked “Register”, we will send you an email in which you have to confirm the receipt of the newsletter again. This serves data security and prevents spam mailings.