Projects in Mutare in cooperation with the Help with Plan Foundation and Plan International
- construction: 4 ECCD centers; A center: school buildings, separate toilets for girls and boys, fountains for clean drinking water and a small garden for self-sufficiency.
- Early childhood support: Construction of swings, climbing frames in bright colors
- Child protection: Organization of events on child protection, positive parenting methods and birth registration. 175 parents and community leaders took part.
- Improved water supply: Drinking water supply at the ECCD centers is guaranteed by the construction of 3 wells. These wells continue to irrigate the planned vegetable garden.
- Improving hygiene: With the drinking water fountain we create improved hygiene conditions to prevent diseases.
- Health check: Health workers carried out health checks on all children at two centers. The physical development and hygiene behavior of 70 preschool children are checked. In addition, the communities were informed about health and hygiene practices.
- More applications: Meanwhile 192 children are visiting the 4 ECCD centers
Measures to generate income
- Poultry: 60 women and men have already received 500 chickens as well as sufficient feed and other materials for poultry farming. In addition, they were briefed on the rearing, keeping and care of the animals for 2 days. Animals could be sold at a profit and the poultry population even increased.
- Hatchery: gets energy from two solar panels.
- Vegetable Garden: created